At La Découverte Mies, we offer…
- Project based learning
Project based learning is an active way of teaching and learning which enables the development of knowledge and skills through the construction of a project and its final outcome.
Working on a project amalgamates areas of the curriculum, so that the knowledge and skills aquired make sense in a real context to the learner.
Project-based learning develops these competencies :
- The ability to make choices and negotiate
- To put into practice existing and transferable skills
- To exert real control over your learning
- To develop self-estime at the heart of a group, while learning skills of cooperation
- To learn that, in the face of a challenge, difficulties can be overcome through the development of new knowledge and skills
- To dive into new and diverse situations which broaden our horizons
- The development of self-awareness, our strengths and weaknesses, in a context of self-evaluation
- To recieve constructive criticism from others through a processs of collective evaluation
- To become competent in the conception and construction of projects
To run projects collectively, then in groups and finally individually, enables true differentiation in a student’s learning journey. bas
We work in partnership with Paola Trigari, a specialist in project based learning.
Paola is an educational consultant on the Constructivism, Social-Constructivism, and the Project-oriented and Reggio Emilia-inspired educational philosophies. Paola holds seminars and consulting appointments throughout the U.S. and Europe. She consults for preschools and primary schools, and collaborates with universities. She is the co-director of a new post-graduate program in Early Childhood and Primary Education at the University of Geneva. Paola worked as pedagogical and program director of the Reggio-inspired Inquiry based International Italian School in San Francisco (La Scuola of SF).